The orthodontic study is one of the essential steps in a treatment. The orthodontist should devote time and resources to study each case and be able to offer the best treatment. The result of the orthodontic study is a good treatment plan and predictable results, with no surprises in treatment or in the budget.
The orthodontics of one of the branches of dentistry which has the most involvement and relationship with other branches. Orthodontic treatments are extremely complex and involve a lot of factors and details that affect the health and aesthetics of the patient. The orthodontist should devote the necessary time and resources to study cases and be able to offer the best treatment to patients and therefore obtain the best results
An essential study
In Orthodontics Friedländer we understand that the study of orthodontics is one of the essential and most important steps in orthodontic treatment. Without planning well every step of the treatment we do not know in which direction to take the treatment and this can produce many problems .
Advantages of an orthodontic study
The pre-treatment orthodontic study allows us to choose the most appropriate treatment, reduce deadlines, avoid problems and achieve better results.
- Doing a good orthodontic study by dedicating time to it has several important advantages not only for the patient but also for the orthodontist:
- By doing a good study we obtain and we can offer several treatment plans and together with the patient we can choose the best treatment for him or her.
- The records taken in the study help us to explain ourselves better without having to enter into very technical terms, this greatly facilitates communication with the patient and improves the relationship and trust.
- Dedicating time to study means reducing as much as possible the unexpected problems, surprises and improvisations in the treatment, which increases the quality of the results.
- Good study results in shorter treatments almost always.
- A good study produces a good treatment results and consequently satisfied patients. You can see here the opinions of our patients.
What is does orthodontic study involve?
Before starting an orthodontic treatment, we perform a study of the dental, skeletal and aesthetic problems of the patient. With these information all the options are considered and a treatment plan is devised.
We strive to offer the best possible treatment to our patients, with no surprises in the treatment or in the budget. To achieve this precision, before starting any type of orthodontic treatment, we perform a good study of the dental, skeletal and aesthetic problems of our patients in a meticulous way.
Records taken from the orthodontic study include the following steps:
Extra-oral photographs (of the face from different angles).
Intra-oral pictures (of the mouth from different angles).
A minimum of two radiographs: Orthopantomography and lateral radiograph of the skull.
Models of study.
Precision impressions with silicone for the manufacture of the apparatuses. Once completed, the assembly of teeth in 3D or in the models also help to study the case. They are not impressions of the study, but are necessary for the manufacture of the custom lingual brackets or for the assembly of ClinCheck.
Complementary tests such as CBCT or other x-rays; frontal radiographs of the skull and a carpal (x-ray of the hand).
With these records the options we have are all considered and a treatment plan is developed.
The first approach with our patients, is also the space of time dedicated to knowing the needs and doubts that each person may have, and it is the opportunity for you to know the human being behind the specialist that is going to treat you. Because we are people treating people and that is the most important thing.
WHERE ARE WE
- Gran de Gràcia, 110 entlo, Barcelona 08012
- 93 832 72 81
- De lunes a jueves de 10 a 14 y de 16 a 20 hrs.
Viernes de 10 a 18 hrs. ininterrumpido